Getting Rid Of Mosquitoes Is Easy Now
Mosquitoes can become a real menace in homes, especially during the summers and the rainy season. It requires people to take a number of different steps in order to prevent them from entering their homes or to eliminate them completely. These include using highly toxic chemical-based mosquito repellents or making natural homemade repellents using natural sources.
Mosquitoes are known to spread all kinds of ailments and people are suffering from one problem or the other. It is important that you do not take mosquito infestation lightly and try everything you can to protect your family from this menace. The best remedy according to popular polls is definitely the homemade mosquito trap. For some people getting rid of mosquitoes is a myth but not anymore if you have a feasible remedy.
Other methods include planting different herbs around the house and applying oils extracted from plants and herbs on the body. Apart from these solutions, there is another method that can help in getting rid of the mosquito problem in your house; building a mosquito trap at home. Let’s take a look at how to make mosquito repellent home remedies.
There are many natural mosquito remedies that you can try to ensure that you can deal with the problem of mosquitoes. But one of the best remedy is nevertheless the homemade mosquito trap since you can make it at home without spending too much money on it. The homemade mosquito trap is very easy to make and also very quick to make. All you need is yeast and some other stuff and you are all set.
Building A Homemade Mosquito Trap
Some people who are extremely busy and do not have time to build their own homemade mosquito trap are now finding sources online wherein they can purchase a homemade mosquito trap and protect their family. You too could learn how to build this simple yet effective homemade mosquito trap and sell them on Ebay, if you wish.
It is not a very difficult task to make a homemade mosquito trap. It is just about using the right ingredients in the right quantity and following the correct procedure to make the perfect homemade mosquito trap. The first thing you must do to make your homemade mosquito trap is to get the ingredients in order for the task. These include a 2 liter plastic bottle, a cup of water, some brown sugar and a gram of yeast. Once the ingredients are ready, you must follow the step by step procedure mentioned below. Getting rid of mosquitoes is a dream come true now.
- Cut a one-third portion of the bottle from the top as we only require the two-third portion that is left.
- Take 1 cup of water and boil it properly. You can put a lid on the vessel to ensure the water boils quickly.
- Once this is done, pour the brown sugar into the boiled water and stir properly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- A homemade mosquito trap can be a effective and inexpensive solution for getting rid of mosquitoes from the house.
- After that, add some cold tap water to the solution and stir it once again for some time. Allow the water to cool down to a temperature less than 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the water has reached the required temperature level, you must add one teaspoon of yeast to the solution. However, you must not stir it and instead allow it to settle down into the mixture. Yeast produces carbon dioxide that is helpful in attracting mosquitoes.
- The next step is to wrap a black paper or plastic or apply black tape around the outer portion of the bottle.
- Now that your homemade mosquito trap is ready, you must place it at a strategic place in the house.
- The carbon dioxide produced by the yeast in trap will attract the mosquitoes towards it. Once the mosquitoes enter the bottle, they will feel sticky and uneasy due to the mixture of sugar and water present in the trap and will not remain in a position to escape from it.
Making the homemade mosquito trap is fairly a simple task and since you don’t need much stuff, it is very cost effective. And since you are using a bottle effectively instead of disposing it off, it is economical too. With the homemade mosquito trap you can easily but several bottles and left over yeast to good use and catch all the mosquitoes that would have created havoc if not taken care of.